- Mister Vee self steering
- Navik spare parts
- Buy and own
- Handbook general self steering
- Frequently Asked Questions
Y&B is the latest self steering system from Mister Vee to be made from modern plastics. As a result it is the lightest full size windvane self steering system ever!
Boat size: up to 12 meter/36 feet (bigger may work too, please get in touch for details)
Weight: 10 kgs/22 lbs including mounting kit
Mountings: Suitable for all transom types, with or without transom hung rudder
Very light weight. Carbon- and glass fiber tubes, High Efficiency HD foam pendulum rudder. Super versatile mounting kit included. Comes with long pendulum rudder as standard. Can also be used for most wheel steered boats (requires connection to emergency tiller or a wheel adapter).
Y&B is also available in a minimal version if you want to save some money or make a custom mounting, have a look in the webshop.
Main features of Y&B
Y&B is the third system from Mister Vee that is made primarily from plastics. Where possible, even more stainless steel has been replaced with suitable plastics. This has resulted in the lightest full size self steering system ever achieved, even slightly lighter than Mr. Vane in similar configuration!
The main features:
- New high efficiency pendulum rudder made from high density foam and carbon fibre. This rudder and all manufacturing techniques were developed in house with generous support from renowned hydrodynamicist Piet van Oossanen. The pendulum rudder is Y&B's heaviest single part and it floats!
- Affordable customisation options
- Just one size, suitable for small boats due to light weight and larger boats due to clever design
- System removable from transom without tools
- Low and high path for steering lines (more on this on the next page)
Newly developed super versatile mounting kit offering:
- Easy mounting in just about every situation
- Bonding the system to the boat possible(NO HOLES NEEDED, please contact Mister Vee for details)
- Optional blind mounting(no access to inside of transom needed, please contact Mister Vee for details)
- In some cases it even be possible to use asymmetric mounting points fi. to clear boarding ladders
Check out the next page for more details on mounting Y&B.
This is what we mean with light weight:
|Y&B in 3D pdf||3.49 MB|