- Mister Vee self steering
- Navik spare parts
- Buy and own
- Handbook general self steering
- Frequently Asked Questions
Y&B is the latest self steering system from Mister Vee to be made from modern plastics. As a result it is the lightest full size windvane self steering system ever!
Boat size: up to 12 meter/36 feet (bigger may work too, please get in touch for details)
Weight: 10 kgs/22 lbs including mounting kit
Mountings: Suitable for all transom types, with or without transom hung rudder
Very light weight. Carbon- and glass fiber tubes, High Efficiency HD foam pendulum rudder. Super versatile mounting kit included. Comes with long pendulum rudder as standard. Can also be used for most wheel steered boats (requires connection to emergency tiller or a wheel adapter).
Y&B is also available in a minimal version if you want to save some money or make a custom mounting, have a look in the webshop.
Light weight selfsteering: Mister Vee Y&B
Y&B, a brand new light weight wind vane self steering system from Mister Vee:
- Y&B standard Versatile mounting kit, suitable for just about any situation, easy mounting process
- Y&B basic Without mounting kit, to be integrated in to existing gear like a swimming platform or to build your own mounting
- Super light weight, about 11 kg/23 lbs, including mounting kit as shown
- High efficiency HD foam pendulum rudder for further improved performance
- Low and High path of steering lines (more on this on the next pages)
Usually the pendulum rudder can be lifted out of the water when the system is not in use. The Rudder stock is carbon fibre, the blade is a blend of polyurethane and filler material.
The unique way in which the Mister Vee systems are built allow for easy modification of the standard configuration. One of the most important options is having an extended vane base made as shown on the right. This brings the windvane closer to the cockpit on boats with transom type 3 or 4.
At the bottom of this page there are links to high resolution pictures of Y&B mounted on the boat and a 3D pdf.
More information on the next pages.
Here is a Y&B on a Northbeach 24 with a transom hung rudder:
And another on a Marsvin, also transom hung rudder:
Video of part of the trials:
|Y&B standard dimensions.pdf||165.06 KB|
|1 Y&B overview.JPG||1.2 MB|
|4 Y&B side view.jpg||468.17 KB|
|5 Y&B mounting kit.jpg||443.24 KB|
|6 Y&B mounting kit detail.jpg||447.4 KB|
|Y&B 3D pdf (recent adobe reader required to view this file)||3.65 MB|